Thursday, May 29, 2008



I've finally made it!!! Korea is so grimy looking I love it. The 12-hour flight was really nice. All the flight attendants were pretty and treated me really nice. The food was so freaking good. The first time they gave me beef and noodles, and the second time I got chicken and rice. Korean Air really keeps you entertained on the flight with these touch screen monitors in the back of your chair. The monitor had music, movies, and games on it. I mostly watched movies, The Great Debaters, Bucket list, and some of Jumper, but then I started to get sick so I stopped.

My plane arrived 40 mins early so I was stranded at the airport for a while until my sister arrived. Everyone thought I was in the army, "thank God I'm not". I’ve never got that much attention from cab drivers but as soon as they knew what base I was going to they were all over me. Luckily my sister showed up and we went to the base.

The base is actually really nice, and right in the middle of Seoul. The base has 2 gyms, a driving range, hotel, soccer field, baseball field, many little shops, and fast food galore. It surprised me to see that Popeye’s delivers on base. My sister’s crib (slang for home) is small but cozy. I’m sure were going to have a lot of fun together. I’m really looking forward to some much needed bonding time. So that’s all I have to say for today, I have to rest up for tomorrow’s actitives. AHn Yeong

No comments: